An increase in demand for more aesthetically pleasing materials with minimal maintenance while providing a strong and durable roofline has lead to an increase in the use of traditional metal roofing for commercial, domestic and new build projects.
Albany Brent Group supply and install a variety of metals such as copper, zinc, stainless steel and nedzinc to create contemporary and aesthetically impressive roofs, fitted by our highly trained hard metal roofing specialists, we can cover a variety of buildings and varying architectural designs, providing long lasting solutions.
As members of the FTMRC we are committed to carrying out projects to exacting standards and are able to offer the FTMRC 10 year workmanship guarantee along with each relevant manufacturers warranty. Resistant to fire, mildew, rot and insect infestation hard metal roofs provide a safe, secure and stylish solution for years to come.
Zinc roofing has become an increasingly popular roofing material, for its beauty as well as its environmentally friendly characteristics. Used on roof for more than 200years, zinc has become a popular hard metal option in recent decades, this versatile metal can be formed into aesthetically pleasing lines and impressive shapes, providing an unlimited range of artistic design, making it an ideal choice of material for architects, designers and home-owners. Zinc has many benefits:
- Zinc is highly resistant to corrosion, rust and is a moisture resistant metal.
- Zinc is environmentally friendly, it can be completely recycled without losing quality or suffering degradation and if installed correctly it a zinc roof can last over a century.
- Over time scratches, nicks and mild environmental damage can occur to Zinc roofs, however one of Zinc unique properties is that it can self-repair small damages, allowing the zinc roof to maintain a fresh and new appearance for much longer.
- Zinc roofs mesh high-quality durable materials with a unique style that can enhance the look of any home or building. Zinc is an ideal standing seam roof material and can be applied to many different types of roof. It comes in natural (bright), pre-weathered and pigmented finishes.
This ancient craft dates back to the Romans who were the first to use Copper as a roofing material, long-lasting, extremely durable and well-known for its proven resistance to water, makes this eco-friendly hard metal an impressive roofing material.
A correctly installed copper roof can last generations, definitely over 100years, the natural tones of the copper will eventually turn green over time, also referred too as Verdigris Copper, this change however cannot be accurately predicted as the change is based on moisture and pollutant levels in the atmosphere that aid it.
As well as being eco-friendly and fully recyclable, a characteristic of copper is that it is corrosion resistant.
Copper roofing sheets are an extremely versatile roofing material, which can easily be formed into copper shingles, façade panels and copper cassette panels, on-site by an experienced copper roof installer.
If you’re thinking of using copper for your project, please get in contact with us by calling 01234 567890 or email us in firstname.lastname@example.org
Stainless steel roofing is a relatively new addition to the roofing industry, this super eco-friendly material is perfect for a range of projects from modern to heritage. With its ability to resemble lead in appearance, its strength and durability makes this roofing material an excellent option, highly used on heritage projects or when trying to fit int o the local landscape, stainless steel comes in many grades and finishes to achieve your desired finish. One of the main types is Terne coated stainless steel (TCS), it can be given a bright or matte finish, the latter giving it a lead like appearance. TCS steel is becoming increasingly popular when replacing lead roofs on churches, especially where lead has been stolen.
Benefits of Stainless-Steel Roofing:
- Stainless steel is known for its high durability, it is corrosion resistant and had excellent resistance to thermal shock.
- Most stainless-steel roofs require very little maintenance if designed correctly due to their long-term corrosion resistance and smooth surface finished.
- Stainless steel is well known for its aesthetically pleasing qualities. Available in a low reflective or matt finish which is often preferred for roofing, both to reduce reflectivity and to blend in with ‘traditional’ materials.
- Stainless steel is the ultimate ‘green material’, it is an eco-friendly material and is infinitely recyclable.
- Suited to all roofing types; batten rolls, standing seams and self-supporting trays, it allows architectural creation, design and allows for complex shapes to be incorporated into the buildings.
We offer a range of guarantees from 10-years to 25-years as standard and depending on the manufacturer and system used, we can also provide a manufacturers insurance backed guarantee on materials.